Saturday, June 13, 2009

Clark's Belated 12th Birthday

The name

"Clark"

means:
"Learned One"
"Learned Person"
"One who can read and write ancient and medieval lore"

(Most recent picture of Clark that we could find)

The Lord GOD hath given me the tongue of the learned,
that I should know how to speak a word
in season to him that is weary:
He wakeneth morning by morning,
He wakeneth mine ear to hear as the learned.
The Lord GOD hath opened mine ear,
and I was not rebellious, neither turned away back.
~Isaiah 50:4-5~

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom . . . ~Proverbs 9:10~

Jesus said . . .

It is written in the prophets,
And they shall be all taught of God.
Every man therefore that hath heard,
and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto Me.
~John 5:45~
Give me now wisdom and knowledge . . .
~2 Chronicles 1:10~

My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart shall be of understanding. ~Psalm 49:3~


For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it . . .
Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength.
~Proverbs 8:11,14~

The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom; and before honour is humility.
~Proverbs 15:33~

How much better is it to get wisdom than gold! and to get understanding rather to be chosen than silver!
~Proverbs 16:16~

Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.
~Proverbs 23:23~

For wisdom is a defence, and money is a defence: but the excellency of knowledge is, that wisdom giveth life to them that have it . . .
Wisdom strengtheneth the wise more than ten mighty men which are in the city.
~Ecclesiastes 7:12, 19~

Wisdom is better than weapons of war . . .
~Ecclesiastes 9:18~

Clark's B-day was on February 20th. I know, I know, this post is ridiculously late.

No comments: