Wednesday, September 10, 2008

You Know Me

. . . But You, O LORD, know me; You see me, and test my heart towards You..."
Jeremiah 12:2-3

Then my LORD said unto me . . .





Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee . . .


Then said I . .


Ah Lord God! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child.

But the LORD said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak.

Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the LORD . . .
~Jeremiah 1:5-8


And . . .




I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people, that have set themselves against me round about.

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
~Psalms
3:6, 27:1




For . . .

It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.

It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in princes.
~Psalm 118:8-9


No comments: