Friday, January 16, 2009

"The Rock"


Blessed
be the LORD my Strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight . . .

~Psalm 144~


"...For it is You who light my lamp; The Lord my God lightens my darkness.

For by You I can run against a troop, and by my God I can leap over a wall.

This God, His way is perfect; The Word of the Lord proves true;

He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him. For Who is God, but the Lord?


And who is a Rock - except our God?"
~Psalms 18:28-31~


I will love Thee, O LORD, my Strength . . .


The LORD is my Rock, and my Fortress, and my Deliverer; my God, my Strength, in whom I will trust; my Buckler, and the horn of my Salvation, and my High Tower.


I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies. . .


. . . I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: He heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before Him, even into His ears.

. . . He sent from above, He took me, He drew me out of many waters.

He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them which hated me: for they were too strong for me . . .

He brought me forth also into a large place; He delivered me, because He delighted in me . . .

. . .

It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect.

He maketh my feet like hinds' feet, and setteth me upon my high places.

He teacheth my hands to war, so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms . . .

. . .

Thou hast also given me the shield of Thy salvation: and Thy right hand hath holden me up, and Thy gentleness hath made me great.


Thou hast enlarged my steps under me, that my feet did not slip.

I have pursued mine enemies, and overtaken them: neither did I turn again till they were consumed.

. . .

For Thou hast girded me with strength unto the battle: Thou hast subdued under me those that rose up against me . . .

. . .

The LORD liveth; and blessed be my Rock; and let the God of my salvation be exalted . . .


. . .

He delivereth me from mine enemies: yea, Thou liftest me up above those that rise up against me: Thou hast delivered me . . .

. . .

Therefore . . .

. . . will I give thanks unto Thee, O LORD, among the heathen, and sing praises unto Thy Name.

~Psalm 18~


No comments: