Thursday, November 10, 2011

Hind's Feet



The phrase 'hinds' feet' is used in the Bible to denote an ability to overcome difficult challenges successfully, as in Verse 33 from Psalm 18 which reads 'He maketh my feet like hinds' feet, and setteth me upon my high places.' A hind, which is a female red deer, is able to move quickly and easily across the rocks of a mountain, leaping from one rock to another without ever losing its footing. Thus the biblical verse means that God has inspired his believers and empowered them to overcome the obstacles which confront them, doing things that would otherwise be difficult or impossible without divine aid.

Deuteronomy 33:29 "Blessed are you, O Israel; Who is like you, a people saved by the LORD, Who is the shield of your help And the sword of your majesty! So your enemies will cringe before you, And you will tread upon their high places."



2 Samuel 22:34 "He makes my feet like hinds' feet, And sets me on my high places.

Psalm 18:32-33 The God who girds me with strength And makes my way blameless?
makes my feet like hinds' feet, And sets me upon my high places.

Psalm 27:1 LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the defense of my life; Whom shall I dread?

Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble.

Isaiah 45:24 "They will say of Me, 'Only in the LORD are righteousness and strength.' Men will come to Him, And all who were angry at Him will be put to shame.

The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. To the chief singer on my stringed instruments.

Habakkuk 3:19




No comments: