Saturday, December 5, 2009

Joy's Birthday

Joy is the Christmas baby.
The name
"Joy"
means:
"Joyful Heart"
Then he said unto them . . .
Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto him for whom nothing is prepared; for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye grieved; for the joy of Jehovah is your strength.

-Nehemiah 8:10-


His Lord said unto him, well done, good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will set thee over many things; enter thou into the joy of thy Lord.

-Matthew 25:21-


But let all those that take refuge in Thee rejoice, let them ever shout for joy, because Thou defendest them: Let them also that love Thy name be joyful in Thee . . . And my soul shall be joyful in Jehovah: It shall rejoice in His salvation . . . Blessed is the people that know the joyful sound: They walk, O Jehovah, in the light of Thy countenance . . . Oh come, let us sing unto Jehovah; Let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation.

-Psalms 5, 35, 89, 95-


I will greatly rejoice in Jehovah, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for He hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, He hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with a garland, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.

-Isaiah 61:10-

No comments: