Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Right Hand From The Left Hand


For . . .

Thou art a gracious God, and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness . . .





For Thou art my hope, O Lord GOD: Thou art my trust from my youth.

By Thee have I been holden up from the womb: Thou art He that took me out of my mother's bowels: my praise shall be continually of Thee.

I am as a wonder unto many; but Thou art my strong refuge.



(God condemn the great city of Nineveh to be burned because of their evil and sent his prophet Jonah to warn them. The people of the city turned away from their evil ways and and God repented the judgment He had condemned on them and did not fulfill it. Jonah, who did not know the people of Nineveh, was angry that God decided not to destroy the great city. So, Jonah went outside the city walls, sat down, and waited to see what God would do).

And the LORD God prepared a gourd, and made it to come up over Jonah, that it might be a shadow over his head, to deliver him from his grief. So Jonah was exceeding glad of the gourd.
But God prepared a worm when the morning rose the next day, and it smote the gourd that it withered.

And it came to pass, when the sun did arise, that God prepared a vehement east wind; and the sun beat upon the head of Jonah, that he fainted, and wished in himself to die, and said, It is better for me to die than to live.

And God said to Jonah, Doest thou well to be angry for the gourd? And he said, I do well to be angry, even unto death.

Then said the LORD, Thou hast had pity on the gourd, for the which thou hast not labored, neither madest it grow; which came up in a night, and perished in a night: and should not I spare Nin'eveh, that great city, wherein are more than sixscore thousand persons that cannot discern between their right hand and their left hand; and also much cattle?
(God is talking of children here).


Christ said . . .

Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.



Psalms 71:5-7 /The Book of Jonah/ Luke 18:15-17

No comments: