Monday, November 10, 2008

You are Near, Here, There and Everywhere

O LORD, . . .

Thou hast searched me, and known me.
Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising;


Thou understandest my thought afar off.
Thou compassest my path and my lying down,
and art acquainted with all my ways.


For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, Thou knowest it altogether.
Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid Thine hand upon me.


Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
It is high, I cannot attain unto it.

Whither shall I go from thy Spirit?
Or whither shall I flee from Thy presence?


If I ascend up into heaven, Thou art there:
if I make my bed in hell, behold, Thou art there.


If I take the wings of the morning,
and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;

even there shall Thy hand lead me,
and Thy right hand shall hold me.


I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me;
even the night shall be light about me.

Yea, the darkness hideth not from Thee;
but the night shineth as the day:
the darkness and the light are both alike to Thee.

For Thou hast possessed my reins:
Thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.

I will praise Thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made:
marvelous are Thy works;
and that my soul knoweth right well.


My substance was not hid from Thee
when I was made in secret,
and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.


Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect;
and in Thy book all my members were written,
which in continuance were fashioned,
when as yet there was none of them.


How precious also are Thy thoughts unto me, O God!
How great is the sum of them!


If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand:
when I awake, I am still with Thee.

Surely Thou wilt slay the wicked, O God:
depart from me therefore, ye bloody men.


For they speak against Thee wickedly,
and Thine enemies take thy name in vain.

Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate Thee?
And am not I grieved with those that rise up against Thee?

I hate them with perfect hatred:
I count them mine enemies.


Search me, O God, and know my heart:
try me, and know my thoughts:


and see if there be any wicked way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.

~Psalm 139~

No comments: