Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Way & The Path

Thus saith the LORD . . .
Stand ye in the ways, and see,
and ask for the old paths, where is the good way,
and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.

Hear thou, my son, and be wise, and guide thine heart in the Way . . .
Thy Word, O LORD, is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in Thy presence is fulness of joy; at Thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

Shew me Thy ways, O LORD; teach me Thy paths.

I will run the way of Thy commandments,when Thou shalt enlarge my heart.
Make me to go in the path of Thy commandments;
for therein do I delight.

O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!
how unsearchable are His judgments, and His ways past finding out!

He keepeth the paths of judgment, and preserveth the way of His saints. Then will I understand righteousness, and judgment, and equity;

yea, every good path.

When wisdom entereth into mine heart, and knowledge is pleasant unto my soul;

Teach me Thy Way, O LORD, and lead me in a plain path . . .

And the LORD said . . . I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.

Our heart is not turned back, neither have our steps declined from Thy way.

~Psalms, Proverbs, Jeremiah, Matthew and Luke (paraphrase)~

2 comments:

George and Krista said...

Hi Girls,

I really enjoy how many scriptures you include on your blog! Very encouraging!! Hope you're having a lovely day.

Krista

Winters Haven said...

Thanks! We think they are encouraging too!